Take a deep breath.
We’re here to help.
The brainiacs at C3 have read the whole thing and know how to guide your menu through the FDA’s regulatory hoops.
Let’s start with some of your biggest questions:
Why is the FDA putting these regulations in place now?
- Two thirds of adults and kids are overweight or obese in the United States. These regulations are part of the Affordable Care Act and intended to help combat obesity.
- 55% of families eat out at least once a week. These regulations will help people make more informed decisions on what they choose to eat.
- 60% of customers already use calorie information to make dining decisions.
Will my restaurant be required to label our menu?
- If you have 20 or more locations nationwide, you will need to comply with the new menu labeling regulations.
BUT: Smaller restaurant chains may have an opportunity to relieve some of their state-level regulatory burden through federal compliance.
When will my restaurant need to have labeled menus in-store?
- The FDA has given restaurants one year before the rules come into effect, but all restaurants will need labeled menus by December 1, 2015.